CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Breaking the Cycle

Violence begets violence.

We have heard of the tragedy that just came to pass at New Life Church in Colorado Springs, CO. I, as a member of the Body of Christ, grieve with my brothers and sisters in their tragedy, although I cannot begin to comprehend their sorrow. However, the truth should be spoken.

My dear brother Thom Stark has posted a letter which he wrote to New Life Church (I guess senior) pastor Brady Boyd, expressing his grief over the violence which has been committed. It is a sad letter indeed, because the violence perpetrated was not the murderer’s alone. The link below is his blog, on which he has posted the letter. I invite you to read it, and to see the power of the Church within it. We are not “proud” of how this church (and thus, our Church) has responded; I pray this “pride” will be repented of (I am referring to Boyd’s comments in the videos posted on http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/10/colorado.shootings/index.html#cnnSTCVideo).

http://thomerica.com/reformanda/2007/12/death-at-new-life.html

Violence begets violence. It is not a means to peace. But Jesus of Nazareth invites us to a life that breaks the cycle.

0 comments: